Monday, February 23, 2015

I've been out for 6 months

Yeah, you read that right, haha 6 months.

Cge so Tuesday we had president interviews and training from the AP's. I went in to the interview with one concern and I said one word and the president started to talk about it and just told me about it. Then said, what's the problem, I said two more things and he said everything that was like perfect. I felt at peace at the end. He definitely has the gift of discernment. Man he so great!

So this week we actually didn't hit the standard, but we are seeing more progress in some people, whether it be less-actives or investigators, man it is so great! Still....a tough area. My companion and I are getting along more and more as the days go on! We had companionship inventory, meaning we talked about things we both need to work on, and man it was well needed. We are closer, we joke more. It's great!

So here is just a funny story about what happened. We were studying and the electric company came to give the bill. I looked at it it's 709 pesos..now before you freak out I'll do some math for you.. 100 U.S. dollars is 4000 pesos our bill is 709...our bill is a little under 20 Bucks. CAN YOU DIG IT!!!

This week we had three investigators at church. They are all really great! But my companion was a little sad about something. I asked him what's up? He told me "remember the brother we met on the street? He is an investigator (I already knew his name just no face). He sent a text and said he was crying and upset cause he knows this church is true but his boss won't let him come." He is from Manila and his father passed away and now he as a step-dad who beats him. So he lives here, goes to school, but he is pretty much owned by his boss. It's a tough life.

This week two crazy things were told to me by my companion. he said "I've noticed that all of our investigators want to come to church sometimes, but then they get sick." He goes on to tell me that they told him to his face that the sickness only came after the missionaries came. He asked a question, is this the first test of their faith? It's hard, I tell you what..... The second thing he told me was because he has been having trouble with dry scalp. He said "Satan knows me. He knows my weakness. He will do anything he can to me to slow down this work." That's so true! I've felt it firsthand! Man it's crazy.

Well this week was good and I love you all. Miss you just as much.

From the hottest city in this mission.

ET

One last thought. I got this quote from Lamb of God and I love it cause it just makes everything better.

"Who shall separate us from the love of CHRIST? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? NAY, in all these things we are more than conquerors through HIM that loved us."

thanks FAMILY AND FRIENDS

Sorry just noticed I didn't send pics,,,


like I said, it's hot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment