Monday, April 27, 2015

It is HOT in LAWAG

Before you get all up in my Adobo about the spelling, hahaha I will teach you.

Ilicano 101: Laoag City comes form the Ilicano word LAWAG meaning sun..the more you know SUN SHINE CITY

And yes, it has been HOT! Example that Saturday night I had the worst sleep. It was soo hot!!! Our rooms, our everything, it was the worst! If the fan does not touch you, you're swimming in your own sweat......it's like just the best....#toohot...hahaha JOKE LANG I LOVE IT! We also got a text from pres saying if you wanna study sa umaga and work afternoon lang.....no thanks I'd rather melt and have a lot in the morning hahaha

Before I move on I forgot to add in my email last week what happened the Pday 2 weeks ago now. SO we have this Investigator named Jeffery (if you ever watch a Julian Smith video on the internet and they talk with Jeffery...he looks just like him.) but the thing is his house is in a cemetery cause let's be real, it's the Philippines and anything goes....and he used to grounds keep. But while we taught him. they closed and locked the gate..we left his house, had to fight off the dogs and saw the gate, said dang, but then we saw the gate for people not cars and it had perfect foot holes.....yes we jumped it. Yes we rock!!!

So this week I had the opportunity to go on exchanges. This time it was in my area but same elder. And again I learned so much about me...cause he isn't the best at evaluating, but for me that is ok...the cool part about it is we went to la paz and we were coming back from an appointment we taught and there were these kids who were all what up...cause I'm white. So I talked to them and their friends in fornt of their simple small church....before I knew it, 40 minutess had passed and I placed a polieto and a BoM. I felt realy good.

Elder SEU and I looked at our teaching and worked on things and it went perfect! Now it's alone thought train..

2 times this week Elder Seu gave me an Award for doing good. haha He said that my language has increased greatly and my teaching is great!!! I thank him for both!

I finally got the opportunity to work with fellowshippers here in Laoag..because they wanted to.  I tell you what, it's tough here, but I'm ready!

I don't have my camera cause Elder needed to copy pics so I let him...sorry mom, but I didn't take pics this week really. Well not a lot, I did take some. hahaha

It's weird to think Jordan has been home a week!!! swag hahaha

Miss you all and love you more
ET

No comments:

Post a Comment