Monday, October 13, 2014

Well I am Here

So we got to Manila MTC and that was.......ehhhh.   We got treated poorly and it was wicked pointless but we went to the Quezon mission field and taught. I taught a girl named Love and she is getting baptized in 3 days!!!! exciting!!

OK so we flew to Laoag and took a van to the mission home, sat, learned about things, and then we learned who our trainer and area was.....,....I am in....VIGAN CITY and my trainer is ELDER ROBLES!! He a Filipino and is an amazing trainer!! Cool part about Vigan is down town looks like Spain!!!

So we spend the night at the mission home and took a 2 hour bus trip to our area....it's so amazing here. We got to the apartment and I learned that I'm staying with Elder Miller who was a roommate and was in my district at the MTC!! So that made me happy!! So we open the door and it was a pit.  The last elders sucked at cleaning!!! but technically they haven't been there enough for us to be technically OPENING THE AREA!!! the blind leading the blind.  So we had no food so we went to go eat and get groceries! and turns out Elder Robles can cook so we are thankful for that! so we get there and fun surprise no shower!!! People be thankful for what you have cause I take a shower with a ladle and a bucket of water.....don't feel bad for me... it's so fun!!! cause it's not warm water!!! hahaha I love the Philippines

So opening an area means a lot of finding....like finding out where our area is.....hahahha but we are lucky to have some great members, like 16 yr old show us whats up!!! so great!!! We have 3 investigators we have been teaching!! and my Tagalog is getting meh so yeah.  We take a Tryc to a place and walk!!! and walk and meet people in their homes.....they live in cinder block homes with metal roofs and dirt floors or concrete if they are lucky!!! They are so thankful for life!! I love it.

We taught a brother name Brother Allen and he's so great and makes things from clay!! He is very willing to learn but has concerns!! We also taught 3 girls and that was good, I did some talking!! so great!!

Conference weekend was so great!!! and my favorite talk was David A Bednard talking to the non members!!! every  one should hear that talk!!! hahah funny thing though we woke up, said prayers and the the fans turned off...no AC in apartment....so we were like, oh man, tried to turn on the light and got nothing...Brown OUT!!! (black out) crazy so the chapel had no AC for priesthood cause it came first but right as we came for Saturday morning it came on!!! yay!!! man I love it here!!!!

Well some fun facts about my mission.....I'm too tall for it!! hahaha I don't fit in Trycs hahaha and everything is too short!!!

Well that's my life!!! oh yeah vote Vigan as a 7 wonder of the world, sweet!

Well I'm not sure how to send pictures and no one here to help us! maybe next time

One last thing is my mission address for letters.....unfortunately I don't have a direct mail box but send to the mission home they get it to the zone leaders, he gets it to the district leader and I get it!! if you send a package....its cost 100P so be mindful of what you send I need junk hahaha

Elder Tanner
PHILIPPINES LAOAG MISSION
Brgy. 50 Buttong Airport Avenue
Junction Tangid Road Laoag City 2900
Ilococ Norte, Philippines


 love you all
Elder Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment